Sunday, October 01, 2006

Anthony Musalo

email
Age: 30

Home: Gainesville, FL

Race category: 5 (hopefully 4 at the start of the new season), beginner mtb

Race Type: road, mountain bike

Results:
Road: 2006 cat 5 Florida state road race champion
Mtb: 2006 12 hours of Reddick 2nd place coed team
2005 13 hours of Santos 1st place beginner team
2005 12 hours of Reddick 4th place beginner team
2004 12 hours of Reddick 4th place beginner team
2003 13 hours of Santos 2nd place beginner team
Adventure: 2003 Coast-to-Coast Florida 6th place 4-man team

My Steed(s):
Road - 2005 Giant TCR Comp1
Mountain - 1999 Kona King Kahuna Ti

Why I started biking: My best friend convinced me to by my first mountain bike when I was a freshman at UF. I loved the exercise and the social setting of biking. Three years later I got tired of trying to keep up with my roommate on my mountain bike on our road rides before class and bought my first road bike.

Favorite bike ride: For both road and mountain, I love the North GA/North Carolina mountains. Road: any of the roads along the 6-gap ride. Mountain: Bull and Jake mountains. At least, those are my favorite easily-accessible-in-a-weekend rides.

Greatest accomplishment: being a dad.

Strangest bike setup ever seen: Beautiful $4000 ti mountain bike with baby carrier. Wait a minute, was that mine??

Dream Bike: any bike in the mountains of Asturias in northern Spain.

Highest recorded 'on-bike' speed/ location: 57 mph in the mountains of Utah