Sunday, October 01, 2006

Kerry Duggan



Home: Gainesville, FL

Age: 53. As of May. Don't rush me.

Occupation: Owner/Operator - The Wood Stove and Fireplace Center Inc.

Race category: Masters 45+, Cat.3

Race Type: Road

My Steed: Cannondale Super Six

Why I started biking: I blew out my knee kicking too much stuff doing Karate. Did some camping tours then was talked into racing by local legend John Harlan. Racing gives you the same rush as Karate but with fewer injuries. (Crits not withstanding)

Favorite bike ride: Every single Tuesday Dungarvin Hipp ride!

Least favorite ride: To Shands at the 2008 Gainesville Crit. (With the E.M.T.s)

Greatest accomplishment: Winning the 35+ State RR in '91 and '92 at Sugarloaf. Winning Coconut Grove 35+ particularly beatin Paul Curley and Ian Jackson.

Highest recorded 'on-bike' speed/ location: At least one mph faster than Jayson. Probably in the Dolemites but at that speed I am Mr. Magoo with speedometers.