Sunday, October 01, 2006

Paul Messal

email
Age: 38

Home: Gainesville, FL

Occupation: Graphic Designer

Race category: Masters 35+, Cat 4

Race Type: Road Races, Sprints, Lead-outs

My Steeds: 2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL, 2010 Cannondale SuperSix-HighMod, 2004 Ridley

Why I started biking: I originally started cycling when I was in middle school because Greg Lemond was my hero, I thought aero-bars were cool and I was "training" for the MS150. Then I went to college, didn't ride at all, drank too much beer, gained some weight, graduated and needed to get back in shape.

Favorite bike ride: Any ride where I'm first to the city limit sign, first to the sprint sign at the end of the ride and don't get dropped in the hills along the way.

Greatest accomplishment: On the bike - Following the 2009 Tour de France and riding climbs like Verbier, Alp D'Huez, Petit Saint Bernard, Telegraph, Galibier, Col de Romme and Mont Ventoux.
Off the bike - My two beautiful kids.
Way off the bike - Placing 5th at the World Bartending Championships, 2003.

Dream Bike: the one that comes with a full-time mechanic to keep it rolling like new.