Monday, January 15, 2007

Team Time Trials

I am excited about the Team Time Trials that are approaching. It is going to be a lot of fun, not only because it will be my first race of the season, but also because it is the first team time trial of the season. Also, it is a good way for our team to bond right off the bat. I hope that we are able to get our team kits in time to wear them at this event because it sounds like we are going to have a great turn-out of Cycle Logic members. As far as I know, there will definately be two 4-person teams there representing Cycle Logic and I hope that some others will get together in efforts to field a third 4-person team. Right now one 4-person team is out of Leesburg. That team consist of James Penrod, Veronica Geist, Ron Palsgrove, and Ed Sabol. The other 4-person team that has committed to this event is out of Ocala and it consist of Anthony Hutton, Michael Brown, Steve DeRoche, and Josh Pittman.

The reason behind the rider selection for these two teams was for training purposes. We figured since Cycle Logic is a team that is made up of riders from three counties it would be more practical for our team time trial teams to consist of riders that lived in close proximity of each other. My hopes, as it has been discussed with some of my other Cycle Logic teammates, is that we have at least three teams to represent our core team of Cycle Logic on February 24-25. In my opinion it would be ideal if some of our riders out of Gainesville fielded a team as well. I think it would make a great impression on our sponsors, competitors, and the spectators to see our colors represented well at this event.

With all that said, I am looking forward, not only to competing in February, but also having a good time with the members of Cycle Logic.

Josh Pittman

No comments: