Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Scott's Tallahassee recap

I had a good weekend Justin had a great weekend.

We both did all three events Crit., TT and Road Race.

I was able to finish in the pack sprint in both the Criterium and the Road Race and hold my own in the Time Trial. There were a few guys in the Time Trial that I wasn’t even close to but I was within 15-20 seconds of most guys. The Road Race was pretty darn hard there were very few flat spots on the course and it seemed like there were attacks on all of the climbs. There were some sections that were slower so you at least had a chance to recover some before the next attack came. We only shelled a couple of guys out the back on the last lap so it stayed together most of the way. There were two guys who got away on the last lap, we held them for a little while but they had team mates with radios and as soon as you would try to bridge up they knew it and they put the hammer down to keep it away. It was a good race to see how much pain you could put up with, it’s the first time my quads started to cramp in the sprint, but then again I sprint like maple syrup coming out of a maple tree J The Criterium course was great it only had one turn and it was just before a little rise which was about 200 yards before the finish line. Four guys got away about midway through the race and they ended up staying away and taking the podium spots. We worked hard to bring them back but we just didn’t have the firepower to do it. With about 3 laps to go it became clear we weren’t getting any closer so everyone started jockeying for position to be ready for the sprint.

Scott's Results:
12th in the Crit.
10th in the TT
14th in the Road Race

Justin’s Results
1st in the Criterium
1st or 2nd Time Trial The times for this were all messed up and they didn’t have it fixed by the time we left.
1st Road Race
1st Omnium

Justin rode very strong in all of his events; he stayed with the 13/14 year old juniors in both the Criterium and the Road Race. He worked very hard in the Road Race to stay with them through all the hills he said that the attacks were very hard and he was just barely able to hang on with them. If you look at the picture of the Road Race finish check out how BIG some of these kids are. I was VERY proud of his racing this weekend. As a result of him winning a race I was forced to let him shave his legs. I thought for sure he would not be shaving his legs until next year. This was the very first thing he said after the Criterium, “Can I shave my legs tonight?”. I would suggest that anybody wanting to participate in a great event put this one on your calendar for next year.

Scott

1 comment:

5count said...

The Pfaff Pfamily is Pfantastic!!

Congratulations Scott on your solid performances in one of the toughest catagories in the state!

Justin, you're a man among boys and I look forward to you winning the FPS race in the Juniors 10-12 next year. I hope the leg-shaving event occured without incident.