Monday, February 25, 2008

Lake Mary race report - Ken Sallot

I woke up Sunday morning feeling a little stiff and sore after crashing out of the Sanford crit on Saturday. Racing would hurt today, but I felt that if I was able to get a good 90 minute warm-up I'd be able to loosen up my hip enough that I should be able to play.

I arrived at the course right before the Juniors race and I got the opportunity to watch Justin Pfaff barnstorm the group and rack up his second W for the weekend. He really dug deep and threw it all on the line for the sprint finish, nearly puking his guts out in the process. For being all of 11, that kid's both strong willed and a talented rider. Scotty, drop your son now every chance you get because you won't be able to in another three years.. ;)

After the Juniors I relaxed in a lawn chair and watched the P/1/2 race. The combination of beautiful weather and a wide open course meant that the pros were ripping the roads up while barnstorming down the way. When there was about twenty minutes left in that race a break...click here for more

No comments: