Sunday, October 01, 2006

Gerald Bouchard

Age: 42

Home: Gainesville, FL. (Originally Lakeville, MA.)

Occupation: Photographer

Years Racing: 17

Race category: Category 3, Masters 35+

Race Type: Road, TT, Crit

Results:
All too old to be meaningful.

My Steed: 1995 Trek OCLV updated with Campagnolo Record 10 speed.

Why I started biking: I was always interested in cycling as a kid. After completing service in the Navy, I decided to try competitive cycling.

Favorite bike ride: The roads around the Barkhamsted Reservoir in Hartland, CT.

Greatest accomplishment: I don't know about great, but my most satisfying achievement on the bike was receiving my upgrade to cat-3 on the morning of the northeast regional road race, June 1992. That made the regional R.R. my inaugural cat-3 race. With no cat-3 only field being offered that day, I had to race with the 1-2-3 field, covering 120 miles. I made the final break with five other riders, and finished sixth overall. This remains my longest day of racing.
Off the bike I consider my work with dogs and dog related groups to be my greatest contribution.

Dream Bike: New Trek Madone 6.9 Pro!

Highest recorded 'on-bike' speed/ location: 68mph - Wachusett road stage, 1993 Fitchburg Stage Race.